Tuesday, March 6, 2012
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Covenant Home of Chicago
2720 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625
All are welcome to attend this free educational seminar! Janna Dutton , an elder law attorney with Dutton & Casey, P.C. , will answer the fundamental legal questions common to all family caregivers.
- What are the duties and authorities under a Power of Attorney for Property, Power of Attorney for Healthcare , Living Trust or Living Will?
- How does the law allow for a person to manage an incapacitated person's finances and healthcare ?
- How can loved ones make financial, personal and medical decisions under the law?
- How is it possible to avoid legal pitfalls as a caregiver?
- What legal options are available in planning and paying for long term care?
- How can caregivers utilize Medicare, Medicaid, long term care insurance and personal care contracts to maximize an incapacitated person's quality of life?
Please RSVP :
KHutson @ cmsschicago.org
Refreshments will be served.