I found this post on a the Smart Women Invest blog – thought I would share it as it does very briefly and to the point tell you what to look for when shopping for long term care insurance. Since Medicare does not pay for long term care – it is usually something that I recommend people look into.
- What qualifies you for the benefits?
- What type of care is covered?
- What will the benefit amount be?
- What is the benefit period?
- Is the benefit adjusted for inflation?
- Is there a waiting period before benefits begin?