Residents receive assistance with their daily living activities such as dressing, bathing, and medication reminders. Meals, housekeeping, transportation, activities, and utilities are also included. The communities offer many common areas for residents to gather and enjoy one another’s company. This is a viable community option for those who have some private pay funds but cannot afford private pay assisted living rates for a sustained amount of time. When funds reach $2000, the community will assist the resident in applying for Medicaid.
The resident remains in their new apartment home and the only change they experience is in their payment structure. The community will request the resident’s Social Security check and leave the resident with $90 each month.
Senior Living Experts will help you protect the future care of your loved one by preparing early when funds are depleting and care needs are on the horizon
- Assisted living that is subsidized by the State of Illinois
- Most Medicaid communities (Supportive Living or Medicaid Skilled Nursing) require a certain amount of private pay funds before Medicaid is allowed to kick in
- Assistance with daily living activities
- Get referrals for Elder Law Attorneys who can help you apply for Medicaid, as well as helping to implement the Spousal Impoverishment Act (if applicable to your situation)
- Get referrals for realtors who have a special distinction in working with seniors if the home needs to be sold
How The Helpline Works
Kerry, Rebecca, or Nancy call you back and listen to your senior living needs, from assisted living to memory care.
Your advisor answers all your senior living questions and recommends qualified specialists in the area (all of the advisors have 15+ years of experience in eldercare!).
Your advisor introduces you to the qualified geriatric care specialist, doctors, elder law attorneys, senior living communities, and financial planners in the area.
Your advisor continues to follow up with you to be sure all is going well with your loved one.
Contact us about Medicaid
Your request will be answered within 24 hour